For more than 75 years, the Wyckoff Association has hosted regular reunions to bring together Wyckoff descendants from all over the country. These reunions are a great opportunity to meet cousins near and distant, network, socialize, and travel somewhere new.
Reunion 2017 – Tarrytown, NY
picnic at Washington Irving’s Sunnyside with an option to tour the author’s famed 19th-century home. Located on the riverfront in the Historic Hudson Valley, with a strong Dutch footprint in the 17th-century, Sunnyside evokes Washington Irving’s romanticized view of colonial New York and nature with bucolic gardens and colonial styled architecture.
- 11:30 am: Family gathering at the Sunnside Visitor’s Center
- 12 pm: Picnic lunch provided, family gathering, and annual meeting
- 3:00 pm: Private guided tour of Sunnyside (optional)
- 4:30 pm Goodbyes
Reunion Fee and Registration
Reunion Registration includes a picnic lunch, including drinks and desserts. A tour of Washington Irving’s Sunnyside is an optional add-on. Registration Deadline: September 15, 2017.
- Adult Registration (includes lunch): $15
- Child Registration (includes lunch): $10
- Adult House Tour: $10 (discounted from $12)
- Child House Tour (ages 3-17): $6
What to Bring
The picnic area will be covered, but please dress for outdoor weather (average this time of year is in the 50s). Bring a camera, good spirits, and anything you would want to share with the cousins. We recommend sturdy walking shoes as you will want to wander the gardens.
Make a Weekend of It
If you are coming from out of town and want to make a weekend out of it, there are many interesting things to do nearby. Visit nearby Philipsburg Manor in the evening for the popular Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze. Get your tickets ($16-25) early because they sell out fast!
Nearby hotels are affordable.
Visit the Wyckoff House Museum on Sunday for our annual Open House New York Cellar-to-Attic Tours at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. or 3 p.m. If enough cousins are interested we can arrange a lunch on the grounds on Sunday. Please indicate your interest in our registration form above.
Location and Directions
Washington Irving’s Sunnyside is located on West Sunnyside Lane, off Route 9 in the village of Tarrytown.
Note: When using GPS directions use: 3 W Sunnyside Lane, Irvington, NY 10533
Public Transportation from New York City:
- MetroNorth Hudson Line to Tarrytown
- Express trains run roughly every 20 minutes and ride lasts 36 minutes from Grand Central Station
- Fares: Off-peak fares range from $5.50 to $17 each way (we recommend purchasing your ticket at the station to save on fares)
- At the Tarrytown station, taxis meet the trains, where you can take a 5-minute ride to Sunnyside
- Though not necessary, you can reserve a cab: 914-631-TAXI
Recent Past Reunions
- 2016: New Orleans, NY
- 2015: Somerset, NJ
- 2014: Sonoma Valley, CA
- 2013: Nashville, TN
- 2012: Cooperstown, NY
- 2011: Springfield, IL
- 2009: New York, NY
- 2008: New York, NY
- 2005: Charleston, SC
- 2004: Las Vegas, NV
Support our reunion tradition! Passing Pieter’s hat is a Wyckoff Family Reunion tradition. Support from our Wyckoff cousins saved New York City’s oldest house from demolition nearly 90 years ago. Today, your contributions continue to support the preservation of the house and the innovative educational programs that educate thousands through the story of the Wyckoff family.
Donate above or click on Pieter’s hat to support the Wyckoff family heritage and house today.
Become a member today and stay in the loop with our E-Newsletter.