Bread & Brew
May 21 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$49
Our old-timey and farmy experience will include:
- Tours of the Wyckoff House Museum
- Hands-on, open fire cooking classes with Sarah Lohman, historic gastronomist of Four Pounds Flour, as we make bread two ways (baking and frying) over an outdoor open hearth
- Learning primal skills like how to tell temperature without a thermometer, how to tell the doneness of food by using your five senses, and how to build a bad-a$$ fire
- Sampling local beers, and a discussion around how beer served as a staple of the colonial diet
- Churning butter to spread on your bread
- Trying your hand at an old-fashioned cider press
- Working the garden like a real farmer
Your ticket to this unique gathering includes private entry to the Wyckoff House Museum, complimentary bites & brews, a one-hour hands-on cooking lesson with Sarah Lohman, and interactive activities at the farmhouse.
*Please wear natural pants (no polyester) and closed-toed shoes as we will be working closely to an open fire.
**Participants will be required to sign a waiver in order to participate in cooking class.