Breukelen Country Fair 2013
September 21, 2013, 1-5 p.m.
$5 Adults/ $3 Children under 10*
Gardening demonstrations, pony rides, face painting, cider pressing, cowboys, craft demonstration, kettle corn, music, and a bluegrass jam kick off this celebration of Brooklyn’s agricultural past.
- Bicycle powered smoothies and solar powered baking with Sustainable Flatbush
- Colonial and traditional homemade carnival games
- Christina Kelly
- Lisa Sikorski and the (faux)H
- Storytelling, Western Cowboys and Pony Rides with Izell Glover
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s NYC Compost Project
- Porcupine Quillwork with Jake Pontillo
- Sukkot activities with the Midtown Workmen’s Circle School
- Tours of the solar powered hydroponic grow system with Sustainable Flatbush and Boswyck Farms
- AfroBrazilian Samba Reggae Drumming with Batala
- Wampum making with Arthur Kirmss
- Western Wagon Photobooth
- United for Action
- Homegrown Security and Bodega Seed Library with Moira Williams
- Hot dogs, Popcorn, Cotton Candy and farm treats
- House tours of NYC’s oldest house
*FREE for children 2 and under, Museum Members, and Cool Culture Families
Check out even more photos from last year’s event here.
The Breukelen Country Fair is sponsored by our partners including:
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.